2021 Trans Baviaans Entrants
With current Covid-19 Protocols we believe the Trans Baviaans 24hr MTB Marathon will be able to take place in August 2021. If the event can not take place in its normal time slot in August due to Government regulations, we will postpone the event to a suitable date without any further transfer or penalty charges to our riders. Please note this is only applicable for Government related cancelations. Our normal refund policy will be in place for any other circumstances.
2020 Trans Baviaans Entrants
As we all know Covid-19 has reaped havoc all over the world, catching Governments, Businesses, Entrepreneurs and essentially everyone off guard. It is no secret that the event industry has been hit especially hard with events being planned years in advance. With Trans Baviaans our planning for the 2020 event was essentially started from 2019 already. Upon deciding to postpone the event in June 2020, we effectively, also decided to continue with the event therefore the planning, and costs, for the events of this scale had to continue.
After much deliberation and consideration we, as the organising team of the Trans Baviaans, have decided in December 2020 to cancel the events planned for the end of January. As mentioned before, we can only be guided by the conditions and regulations currently in place and although we feel that maybe, come 15 January, things may ease up, we cannot base our decisions on that.
In light of the cancellation of the 2020 events, we have decided the following:
- Since major costs have already been incurred no refunds can be made.
- Entries will be transferred to either August 2021, 2022 and 2023 with a transfer fee.
- Limited spots will be made available for transfers per year and will be allocated at a first come first serve basis.
THE ENTRY TRANSFER PROCESS
- The transfer fee is R550 per person for 2021. Transfer fees for 2022 and 2023 will be adjusted according to inflation and will be made available closer to the time.
- Riders that do not transfer to the 2021 events will be able to transfer to the 2022 and 2023 events as soon as those events are ready to open. Transfer entries will get preference to the general public entries in those years. Record will be kept off valid 2020 entries that are eligible for these transfers at those specific times.
- Transferring your entry now to 2022 or 2023 can be done by a reservation process via emailing us directly to do so.
- Coupons will be issued to a discount value against a new entry into the 2021 event, resulting in riders only paying the R550pp for the new entry.
- You will need to follow the normal current entry process to do this. Please select the “TRANSFER ENTRY EVENT” from the options in the Entry Portal. At the end of the entry process with the payment option, you will need to select the Coupon Code option to pay for your entry.
- Merchandise purchases with 2020 entries will be sent out directly to riders, please contact us via email email@example.com to arrange for this to take place.
- There will be 200 TEAM spots available per race, The Race will take 200 TEAMS and The Repeat will take 200 TEAMS, both events cater for 450 TEAMS in total.
- The Race will open for transfer entries on 25 January 2021 at 10am. This means the coupon code will only be valid from then.
- The Repeat will open for transfer entries on 1 February 2021 at 10am. This means the coupon code will only be valid from then.
- Your coupon code will be your TBW1-xxxx or TBW2-xxxx entry reference number you received upon entering the 2020 events plus a random unique code. This number will be emailed to your team before the transfer entries open.
- The coupon code will only be valid once and only for that team and team size. If any other substitutions or team changes need to be made this can be done after the transfer process via contacting us directly on email.
- Riders that have both a 2020 “Transfer Entry” and a valid 2021 entry can choose to get a refund on their current 2021 entry or transfer their 2020 entry now to 2022 or 2023. Please email us with these request to do so.
For all enquiries and communication regarding this, please email us via firstname.lastname@example.org, we will reply as promptly as possible.
We would like to thank the continued support of our Trans Baviaans Community, it is rough times for us all! We can only hope and believe we will find some sort of normality soon.
We hope to see all the smiling faces in the Baviaanskloof in August 2021.