Dit is sulke tyd! Hierdie is ons laaste nuusbrief voor die groot dae. Hierdie is van toepassing op altwee die naweke se events!
Wikus van der Walt
Mails have gone out to all teams, on “event info” from our system by now, with everything you need to know, so this is just a quick summary!
We are Baviaanskloof bound and won’t make anymore changes to entries, this can now only be done at Race Registration.
Things you need to bring to registration:
- Signed – Waiver Of Liability And Indemnity Forms.
- Your Race Number, you can see on the Rider Entry Lists
- If collecting for someone the Consent For Race Contents Collection
If you decide not to use crates during the race please hand them back at registration.
You receive 3 crates of 22 litres in size, one per team to Checkpoints 2, 3 and 4.
Your Crate for CP4 needs to be handed in at 20:00 Friday evening at registration.
CP 2&3 needs to be handed in at the Truck in front of the Royal Herberg from 07:00 to 08:30.
Cable-ties will be provided to secure your contents.
Crates will be collectable at the Fountains Mall at the finish again from 07:00 – 12:00
The race starts at 10:00am sharp!
Every year we get generous donations of Books for the Willowmore Library and old Cycling gear for our development riders! There will be boxes placed at registration for you to place these items into! Thank you very much!
Good luck with the last preparations!
Win a Brand New Vipa ULTRA!
It is now become tradition for Momsen Bikes to give away a bike at the Trans Baviaans. This year they are offering you a chance to win a Vipa Ultra Frame Kit (There are only 3 of these bikes in the country) or a complete Vipa Race One bike, you choose!
What do you need to do?
- You need to be a participant of the Trans Baviaans 2018.
- Follow this link to an online survey you need to complete.
- Download our EcoBound Explorer App
- Lucky draw to take place Live after the second event on Facebook!
We will try to bring you the stories and news from the events in real time as far as possible! Make sure to checkout the Live Page on the website
Railway Line Segment Challenge
The guys over at PowerBar has decided to offer a new challenge this year with the Trans Baviaans! Instead of the King and Queen of the mountain, we will offer a Segment challenge on the infamous railway line of the Trans Baviaans route.
Cash Prizes to the fastest Male and Female on the segment and then a PowerBar hamper to the fastest lady over 45 years!
PowerBar hamper to the fastest male over 95kg’s!
What you need to do to qualify:
1. You must be a Trans Baviaans 2018 participant (It will apply for both events)
2. Join our Strava Cub – EcoBoundMTB
3. Upload your ride to Strava before 9am Sunday morning
4. The official segment is – Railway line 2 the Mall
5. Check out the live leaderboard on the website and app.
6. Be present at Prize giving